My words can be calm, my mood warm.
We stepped into each other's world, and
I took the one step forward to move closer to you,
But you walked away.
Please, Oh Please do not step away again,
On my visit that night you silently asked,
what am I here for?
To see you I said, you respond,
I am asleep, it is not safe, do not stay at the gate,
Someone was hurt recently down the road.
All those nights, when I crept in your bed,
And made passionate love to you,
Bodies sweating with our salty perspiration,
You loved that! and I loved it!
Woke at midnight or a lot later to drive home, alone,
I hated that! and at times, I felt resentment.
Having to leave the warmth of your bed,
Leave you and go home to be alone!
Alone in my bed!
No arms to hold me!
No tender lips to kiss me!
No warm body to cuddle against!
No breast to lay my head!
I left your gate, your bed, your kitchen, your house,
Feeling alone, having to drive the lonely road by myself.
And never complained,
I loved you so much, do not mind, and will not object,
Did not fear for theft, rape of assualt.
How I loved you.
Looking back on all the pleasures we have shared,
Do not leave again! Just when I need you most!
I remember the times you left before,
It is just when I needed you most.
When I need an arm to hold me,
Gentle lips to kiss me,
Loving shoulders to lean on!
Yet you leave!
You stopped!
Full stop!
Why!
Oh Why!
Please tell me!

I wish there was reaction box entitled "Hot Damn!" or "Hit My Soul" because this poem does just that. Great poem, Linne. Emotional, irresistible, engrossing, and racy.
ReplyDelete