She heard the ping from the phone and
knew that a message has just come in
Searching for the phone,
she finds it on the bedside table
Among the books and papers there
With sleep in her eyes and a light headache
She finds the new message
Yes! it was him!
She responded,Hi!
I am asleep, I am going downstairs,
Be right back!
She left the bedroom and did not get far!
That Ping again, I am going downstairs,
She responded! Ok he said! she put the phone down
and there comes another ping, she responded again,
I am going downstairs, the stairs is long you know!
She finally went downstairs,
Heels paining from the long standing she did today,
Working, walking and standing
Without sitting all day,
Cooking and washing, too!
She saw her husband, writing on his laptop
He laughed at her laborious walking and kept
writing at his computer.
She picked up the tablet and,
hobbled back up the stairs
With the pill taken, she went back into the bed
covered up,
With the Iphone in hand, ready for the night chat!
LTH

No comments:
Post a Comment